Nightly and Up-To-Date builds
The jQuery Mobile project now has a few new ways to get and test the code and related resources.
The Latest files are similar to the Nightlies with the exception that it is the latest up-to-date build that can be linked to directly. This differs from the http://jquerymobile.com/test/ files in that the JS and CSS files can be linked in your project by using one of the links below as opposed to just viewing examples.
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/latest/jquery.mobile.css- The full CSS file
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/latest/jquery.mobile.min.js- The minified JS file that can be linked directly to
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/latest/jquery.mobile.min.css - The minified CSS file that can be linked directly to
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/latest/jquery.mobile.zip – The zipped up package of all the files necessary to deploy
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/latest/demos – The demo pages using this date’s build
The Nightlies files are a “snapshot in time” of the code at the end of that particular date. They are mostly to test a particular feature and how it changed over time. There are a couple of ways to use the Nightlies. The first is to download a prepackaged version that can be dropped into your own project. The Nightlies area contains the following files:
- CSS combined files
- CSS combined and minified files
- Images for the default theme
The second way is to link to the files directly without downloading them. This is not for production sites, though. The Nightlies files should only be used for testing.
The Nightlies files are located at the following location where YYYYmmdd should be substituted with the date (for example: 20110416 is April 16 2011, which is also the date of the first nightly build):
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/jquery.mobile.css – The full CSS file
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/jquery.mobile.min.js – The minified JS file that can be linked directly to
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/jquery.mobile.min.css - The minified CSS file that can be linked directly to
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/jquery.mobile.zip – The zipped up package of all the files necessary to deploy
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/log.txt – A log file that contains the git commit used for this date’s build (*Note: this file will no longer appear after June 2, 2011 as the information it contained is now in the JS file)
- http://code.jquery.com/mobile/nightlies/YYYYmmdd/demos – The demo pages using this date’s build
You can also use the other locations provided on the Downloads page.