JQuery Mobile 1.5.0-alpha.1 Released
The first alpha release for jQuery Mobile 1.5 is out with numerous bug fixes, an updated base theme, overhauled auto initialization, new methods, and new widgets!
The big changes:
- New widgets: we have adopted the new controlgroup, checkboxradio, and button widgets from jQuery UI and have incorporated the accordion widget to replace the collapsible and collapsible set widgets which have been deprecated.
- Rewritten widgets: The navbar and table widgets have been re-written with new features, performance improvements, and modularization improvements.
- New auto enhancement module: The auto init for jquery mobile has been extracted into its own general purpose module with speed improvements that can make it faster then calling individually. On
- Improved modularization: All code is now fully modularized to be able to include just the code you need.
- Backcompat module: We now include all backcompat code as separate modules so it can be excluded and include a method to turn off all backcompat code for testing and upgrade.
- New method: The
.labels()method finds all label elements associated with the first selected element, mimicking the native
labelsproperty and has been incorporated from jQuery UI.
- npm support: The jquery-mobile package on npm is now owned and maintained by the jQuery Mobile team.
- Added jQuery 3.x support: We officially added support for jQuery 3.x.
- Reduced old IE support: jQuery Mobile 1.5 officially drops support for IE 10 and below and Android 4.0 and below
- Bug fixes: We have closed and fixed hundreds of bugs getting to our lowest bug count since the initial release of jQuery Mobile!
For the first time, we have our full changelog, download builder, and API documentation ready during the pre-release phase.
Note: please do NOT use the comments section of this blog post for reporting bugs. Bug reports should be filed in the jQuery Mobile Bug Tracker and support questions should be posted on the jQuery Forum.
If you have feedback on us doing our first beta release for jQuery Mobile 1.5, feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you.
I think you got the wrong Git Link in the news. The text of the link does not match the link behind it. If I am copy-pasting the link everything works fine. If I am clicking on it, I get to the jQuery UI page.
Thank you for keeping jQuery mobile alive. I love it!!!
Furthermore, download complete JS files from here:
Many thanks for your job!
Good luck 😉